Wednesday, February 15, 2012

“Wherever you are, be all there." -Jim Elliot

I have taken this to be my goal for the semester...fully aware I will not "arrive" by May, but trying to take baby steps.

I will do one thing at a time, and I will do it well.

I will listen to music because it feeds my soul.

I will read stories because they let me feel more human.

I will be with people, because they are.

I will try new foods and enjoy the way they smell, feel, and taste.

I will walk slowly because there is always something to see on the way.

I will be grateful for the gifts I am being given in each moment.

I will not be defined by my to-do list, my calendar, my grades, or any other measure of productivity. I will let myself be inaccessible because the world will go on without me. I will go to the desert places for the sake of renewal, restoration, and communion with Jesus.

Leaving efficiency, productivity, and performance behind for experiencing, being, and thriving. Adventure is out there!

1 comment: