It came quietly, sweetly like the mountain breeze. A Voice.
You've been writing a story in which you're the heroine. Will you let Me be Your Hero?
A Hero. One who is Strong. Brave. Powerful. Yet Humble. Gentle. Tender.
He wants to come to my rescue. To save me from myself and the 'God' I've created. The one who fits into a box. Who operates according to human logic. Who is manipulated by me.
It's just that it involves letting go...
losing control...
free fall.
Living in the tension of already-not yet. Embracing Love without trying to earn it. Admitting all is not as it should be. Celebrating the journey even if the end isn't in sight. Living in the "is" and not the "should." Letting my heart wrestle with Truth, even if my mind knows it to be true. Giving because it's oozing out of my soul. Falling flat on my face if it brings me back to Him. Fighting against the formulaic, systematic, automatic. Looking for the reality that lies beyond answers.
I want Jesus to be my Hero. I want to live life as though He is pursuing my heart. I want to be fully alive.
No comments:
Post a Comment