There are certain people that walk into your life, and you just know they were meant to be there. Julianne was one of those people, though I wasn't ever sure why. But it's only become clearer, as the years have gone by. Hard to believe it's already been four.
Julianne, the girl with the smiling eyes and enough energy to make the energizer bunny look like a snail... the girl with a heart big enough to welcome anyone she meets and make them feel like they're a long lost friend... the girl with wild dreams and the guts to pursue them...
This is my dear friend. The one who, over PB&J in a Indy hotel room, called me out and dared me to pursue faith with intentionality, to live this whole Jesus thing out, for real. The one who's always made me feel so cherished and beloved, even from halfway across the world. The one who is sometimes more excited about my dreams and passions than I am...and cheers me on always. And who's held me when I've just needed to be. Through all the highs, lows, and inbetween ordinary days, Julianne has been a sister, a heart friend, the kind everyone needs and that I'm absolutely grateful to have.
So, from the mountains, to the cornfields of NW Ohio, happy 23rd, dearest Julianne. I'm honored to share this adventure called life with you.
No comments:
Post a Comment