I have made it through life unscathed. I don't know why. I wonder if it's fair. It's not. I can't bare the thought of things that have been done to people all around me. You, my dear friends, have born the weight of the world.
I have not experienced the death of someone near to me.
I have not been abused or neglected.
I have not experienced pain that led me to consider taking my own life.
I have not been forced into doing anything against my will.
I have not been lied to, cheated, or betrayed.
Yet, none of us is exempt from the fall. I have experienced my share of sadness and wrestled with myself and the world around me. I have been let down. I have felt belittled and uncared for. I have felt alone and desperate for love. I am still a woman in need of redemption.
But I wonder, do I have what it takes to be part of the solution? Can I bring healing to a world of people that burn with pain I have never felt?
I don't have what it takes. I can't carry the weight of the world. But Someone else already did. And it's His life I have to offer, not mine.
To all of you who share your stories, thank you. And I pray that we can find healing together.
I love universal thoughts that apply to everyone
ReplyDelete