Wednesday, February 2, 2011

My Dear Child,

Today is not the day you will finally get it right. You will not arrive at perfection before you go to bed. In fact, you will spend your time chasing worthless things. You will think of yourself first and forget about those I have placed around you. You will forget about Me and try to make things work alone. You will be selfish, arrogant, and prideful. You will say things you regret and leave kind words unspoken. You will think thoughts of greed, comparison, and discontent. You will take your eyes off Me.

But today is a day I will show you Grace in abundance. Though you will forget Me, I will never leave you or forsake you. When you fail to abide, I will carry you. Though your mind will get lost in the worries of the day, I will quiet you with My Love. When you become anxious and afraid, I will remind you of Who I Am in the sunlight dancing through the trees, the birds singing, and the vastness of the sky. Though your flesh may be selfish, My steadfast love dwells within you, and I will transform the world by it. Though your words may be flaky and careless, I will speak words of Life through you. I will hold your hand, and you will not fall.

These things I do because you are Mine, because you are precious, and I love you.

Rest, child. My grace is sufficient for you.

--

"My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." -Psalm 73:26

1 comment:

  1. This sent shivers down my spine and made me want to cry. Thank you for letting the Lord speak through you.

    ReplyDelete