I've been trying to figure out one word to describe 2010, and it hasn't been easy.
In a lot of ways, I couldn't have asked for more. The year started out in India, I got to spend a great week serving in Detroit for spring break, I had an unforgettable week as a piano camp counselor in BG, I got to share in the wedding celebrations of sweet friends, I had a fantastic time ziplining and fishing with my family in Mexico, my dear friend Sara came to visit, I had my first Cedar Point experience, I was reunited with project friends for Labor Day, God romanced me in so many ways, I've gotten to know so many awesome people in BG, and the year ended in prayer at IndyCC.
But there was also this reality that it was hard. Really hard. Several months went by where I thought I'd never feel God again. I thought I'd never feel love again. For Him or even my dear friends. It sounds melodramatic, but it was grueling. I'd have a glimpse of Light, but then be plunged into darkness again. But somehow, I made it through. And what was on the other side was even more glorious. God. And He was even greater than I knew Him to be. I have no other way to describe the journey other than I was carried. Carried by God. Across the dark abyss. Across the battlefield. Across the raging oceans. Satan did everything he could to tear me away. And it didn't work. HA!
And He keeps carrying me. I feel Him literally taking me by the hand to go places and say and do things that I wouldn't have done. He keeps romancing me, sweeping me off my feet. And I know He will carry me until I meet Him face to face, because I could never do this thing alone. (despite my foolish overconfidence at times.)
2011? This year, I'm choosing to embrace my weakness and fully depend on His strength. I know this year will be one of unprecedented change, challenges, emotions, and unpredictability. Where will I end up? India? Texas? BG? Columbus? Even though I don't know what life will bring after May, I believe this year will be one of incredible joy, fruitfulness, adventure, freedom, and discipline. I'm standing by this quote: "Set no borders to His strength." If He is as strong as He says, there are no limits to what I can ask of Him, and no what limits to what He can do. And if I believe that He is good, I can trust His strength. I will be carried. And in my weakness, I will be made strong.
Love this. Love you.
ReplyDelete