Well folks, I took the GRE this morning, tidied up things at the apartment, loaded the car, and made the long trek home. (that's a joke.) The pumpkin pies are in the oven and later tonight the tree goes up! Let the festivities begin.
As I was doing my laundry, I couldn't help laughing to myself with each t-shirt I folded. It seems like every one brings back memories of someone, some place in time, a story...whether it was going to Athens for OU Honors Choir, saying our goodbyes before starting college and swapping shirts, moving freshmen in at BG, silly BGeX things, summer project in India, my beloved Iowa State Cyclones and growing up in Ames, high school orchestra, the Mucky Duck restaurant on the beach of Captiva Island, or even MAZE last week...and I'm amazed at how all of these things, whether seemingly "significant" or not, have been woven together into a story. And even more, they've been woven into God's Grand Story.
I am thankful for the laughter and memories, but I'm more thankful for redemption and grace. I'm thankful for the people God has brought into my life, and His relentless love through all of life's crazy twists and turns. I'm thankful that He hasn't stopped pursuing me in spite of my heart that's so "prone to wander." I'm thankful for the deserts that made me crave Him more than ever. I'm thankful that I get to wake up every morning and whisper His name.
I'm thankful for the pumpkin pies that I just took out of the oven, for the people that will fill our house tomorrow, the turkey that will be roasted, for Christmas music and the celebration of the Word who became flesh, and I'm thankful for my family who has given me more grace than anyone, besides Christ. I'm thankful for you, my dear friend, and this life we get to live together. I'm thankful for words and stories and the beauty they hold.
I pray this thanksgiving is one of remembering. I hope you get to press 'pause' and celebrate where God has brought you. And if you're in a dry place, I pray you are able to take a step of faith and praise Him anyhow.
I dare you to look through your tshirt drawer and remember His grace.
Happy Thanksgiving, friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment