Sunday, November 14, 2010

Musings.

-I have the best friends ever. Seriously, who gets up at 6am to drive you to the airport? Grace and Morgan. And who makes you a sign when you get home? Dreya.

-Airports are wonderful microcosms of life. Theoretically, you could get on a plane to Ouagadogou...or Mumbai...or Des Moines...or Detroit...and each place is full of new adventures to be had, people to be met, sunsets to watch...yadayada. It's like a choose-your-own-adventure novel.

-Speaking of which, my life is a series of ironies. Detours. Funnies. Basically, I say, God, I wanna do anything, just not ________. And where does he send me? The _____________. Ha. Ha. (and it usually ends up being pretty alright. Meaning amazing.)

-So, of course, I have no "security" for the next year. Which means God is going to blow me away once more. El-Shaddai. My all in all, sufficient, more than enough God. What a wonderful name.

-God's love never gets old. I've known His love in deep, passionate, personal ways. But lately, it's been more of a "sloppy wet kiss." Not in an irreverent way. But a little bit silly. Kind of outrageous. Rejoicing over me with LOUD singing. Looking into my eyes with this silly grin that I'm not sure how to respond to. Making my heart literally jump up and down like a small child in a candy store. (or college senior.) He loves. So well.

-My kids will have names from Chronicles. It sounds like a good idea on 3 hours of sleep anyway.

-Home from grandma and grandpa's...time to hit the elliptical. Funny how in their mind, you will always have the metabolism of an 8-year-old.

-I was skimming a sweet article on migration in National Geographic (If you haven't figured out that I'm a little bit of a nerd, well, there you have it.) and I was hit by this: one characteristic of migration is undistractability, this "fervid attentiveness to the greater mission." While an animal is migrating, stimuli that would usually be a distraction just aren't. Eating and resting aren't important. The destination is.

I hope my life looks like that. Marked by that same undistractability as I journey towards a "better country." A homeland. A heavenly one.

1 comment:

  1. I love thiiiis!

    and your brain! great thoughts...

    ReplyDelete