So much life packed into one week. In so many ways. What am I learning?
It's hard to purposefully pick a long line to wait in.
It's hard to stay in the slow lane and let other cars pass me up.
It's hard to walk slowly.
It's hard to do one thing at a time.
It's hard to be stuck on an escalator behind an older woman and her big suitcase when I'm trying to get across the airport to catch my flight.
It's hard to wait for graduate schools to make me offers for assistantships.
It's hard to watch friends move through life experiencing things I thought I'd experience by now. Engagement, marriage, kids, career.
It's hard to "be second" so to speak, when your whole life you've been taught to climb to the top.
It's even harder to want others to pass you up and truly desire that they get where they need to go.
It's hard to purposefully pick a long line to wait in.
It's hard to stay in the slow lane and let other cars pass me up.
It's hard to walk slowly.
It's hard to do one thing at a time.
It's hard to be stuck on an escalator behind an older woman and her big suitcase when I'm trying to get across the airport to catch my flight.
It's hard to wait for graduate schools to make me offers for assistantships.
It's hard to watch friends move through life experiencing things I thought I'd experience by now. Engagement, marriage, kids, career.
It's hard to "be second" so to speak, when your whole life you've been taught to climb to the top.
It's even harder to want others to pass you up and truly desire that they get where they need to go.
No comments:
Post a Comment