Sunday, May 2, 2010

Another year gone by...

One school year. Two semesters. Nine months. Four journals. Four seasons. Thirty CRUs. A bottle of shampoo. Candles burned. A few boxes of tissue. The same box of dryer sheets I've had since freshman year. Endless boxes of cereal. Skype chats. Books read. Pieces learned. Games of scrabble won (and lost.) Papers written. Cups of coffee. and vanilla chamomile tea. Pictures taken. Dreams ignited. Whispered prayers. Dark nights. Moments of desperation. Moments of absolute, unbridled ecstasy. I'm not sure how to summarize this year...but here's a some random snippets from throughout the year. Mostly the fall. Get over it.

"Lord, let me make a difference for you utterly disproportionate to who I am." -David Brainerd

"You gotta get hungrier and want it even more." -John McEnroe

"Drinking Jesus is like drinking through a swizzle straw..." -Steve Rieske

"Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it onto completion until the day of Christ Jesus." -Phillipians 1:6

10.03.09 Everything over my head is under Jesus' feet.

"Believing is seeing." -Jeff Wilbarger

"Being listened to is so close to being loved, most people can't tell the difference." -David Oxberg

"If grace is an ocean, we're all sinking." -John Mark McMillan

"We can do no great things, only small things with great love." -Mother Teresa

"Intense love does not measure, it just gives." -Mother Teresa

"When darkness veils his lovely face, I rest in his unchanging grace."

"Thou on my head in early youth didst smile, and though rebellious and perverse meanwhile, Thou hast not left me, though I oft left thee, on to the close Lord, abide with me."

No comments:

Post a Comment